The Suceava Cornu Luncăi district, located in the county of Suceava, Romania, covers an area of 203 square km and is surrounded by several mountains: Gutâi, Rodna, Suhard and Calimani. The district is part of the wider Bucovina region, known for its picturesque scenery and traditional architecture.
The district is home to many interesting sights and attractions, ranging from natural parks and medieval monasteries to the city of Suceava, the regional capital. There are several ski resorts in the area and the ski season runs from December to March.
The district also has an array of cultural events, such as the annual Suceava Summer Festival, which celebrates its traditional music and folklore. There is also the annual Cornu Luncăi Wine Festival, which celebrates the local winemaking industry. The district is home to some of the best wines in Romania, such as the red Cabernet Sauvignon and the white Feteasca Alba.
In addition, the district is a popular destination for hiking and biking, as it is blessed with breathtaking landscapes, including meadows, forests, rivers and waterfalls.
The district is also home to several local villages, which offer a fascinating insight into traditional Romanian rural life. Here you can find traditional peasant houses, winding cobbled streets and picturesque old churches.
Suceava Cornu Luncăi district is an ideal destination for those looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Suceava Cornu Luncii is a district in the county of Suceava, Romania. It is situated in the north-eastern part of the county and borders the districts of Suceava, Rădăuți, and Câmpulung Moldovenesc. The main towns and cities in the district are Radauti, Suceava, and Campulung Moldovenesc. The district has a total area of 1,921.43 km2 and a population of 105,063 (2011 census). The main economic activities of the district include manufacturing, agri-tourism, and retail.
The easiest way to get to Suceava Cornu Luncii district is by car. Depending on where you are coming from, the journey can take around 3-4 hours. You can also take a train to get there, but this can be more time consuming. The closest train station to Suceava Cornu Luncii district is Suceava Nord.
1. Suceava Citadel – The well preserved medieval citadel of Suceava is the main attraction in the region. It was built in the 15th century by Stephen the Great and it served as a major strategic defense point. The limestone walls of the citadel have been preserved very well. It is an impressive fortress of many watch towers and guardhouses. The citadel can be explored on foot and there are many attractions in and around the citadel, like the old prison and the Russian church.
2. Trei Ierarhi Monastery – This monastery is a complex situated at the base of the Suceava hill. It was founded in the 16th century and is the burial place of several former rulers of Moldavia. The main attraction of this monastery is the 16th century mural painting which decorates the inner walls. The museum of the monastery is also worth a visit.
3. Voronet Monastery – This famous monastery is located in Suceava county in the district of Cornu Luncii. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the most visited tourist sites in Romania. It is known for its vibrant frescoes depicting scenes from the Bible.
4. Palanca Monastery – This Baroque style monastery is located in the rural village of Palanca in the district of Cornu Luncii. It was founded in the 16th century and is known for its museum and art gallery.
5. Putna Monastery – This monastery is located in the northwest part of Suceava county. It was founded in 1466 by Stephen the Great and is one of the oldest and most important churches in Romania. The monastery has a museum and an art gallery with works of Romanian art.
1. The Voronet Monastery
2. The Cacica Salt Mines
3. Sucevita Monastery
4. Bears’ Cave
5. Putna Monastery
6. Tenha Valley National Park
7. Humor Monastery
8. The Carousel of Memories Museum
9. Arbore Monastery
10. Moldovita Monastery
Suceava Cornu Luncii is a beautiful area of Romania, in the historic Suceava County. It is known for its picturesque landscapes, traditional villages, and interesting attractions. Tourists can visit the beautiful Gura Humorului Monastery, the Dovnit andPutna Monasteries, and Sihastria Monastery for an inspiring cultural experience. They can also explore the Cornu Luncii Piatra Finteiului castle, or take an interesting hike in the nearby forests. Nature lovers can take in the stunning views of the valleys and hills in the area. Other activities include visiting the ski slopes in Cornu Luncii ski resort, or spending the day fishing or boating at local lakes. Finally, visitors can enjoy the diverse cuisine and ethnic traditions of the area.